LAVENDER HERB Lavendula angustifolia
Lavender flowers have the most amazing and soothing aroma and are known to have many health benefits as well. Some of these benefits are:
- Assisting to promote better sleep
- May help to improve mood, assist with anxiety, restlessness and depression
- Can aid with indigestion and gastrointestinal problems
- May provide relief for headache and migraine sufferers
- Can be made into a hair rinse which may assist with dandruff and hair loss
- May be beneficial in assisting with skin issues and can also be used topically
Lavender is often mixed with other botanicals to make herbal infusions but these beautiful flowers can also be brewed as a "tea" in their own right and enjoyed either warm or iced. A sweetener such as honey may be added if desired.
It is your duty of care to seek professional medical advice before relying only on the benefits of herbs/teas for health purposes. Pregnant women should seek the advice of a medical professional.